Saturday, October 17, 2009

Screwed on Backwards

I am sure that you all have experienced a day or two or maybe more, where you have felt like your head is screwed on backwards. Well, I have been experiencing a lot of that this last week. Boy I hope it gets better. Maybe it's stress, maybe it's too much on my to do list, maybe it's old age (no I don't think it's that one).  You guys know what I mean.
You feel you have everything under control and then you get a reminder email something is due in two days.  Oh no!  You get a call from a doctor's office where you were supposed to be at 9:00 and it's now 9:15.  You thought the appointment was at 10:00.  You forget family birthdays.  You forget to take your computer to work with you and halfway there you need to turn around. We have all had these types of incidents. 
I think as women, maybe men too but I think it's a woman thing, we try and do soooo much, we lose track of things.  We don't like to ask for help. We are superwomen! Aren't you?  We are wives, mothers, daughters, friends, worker bees, and on, and on, and on.  Our to do lists seem endless.  
When do we take care of ourselves?  When do we have quiet time to read a book, do some gardening, exercise, all without interruptions?  It's like that Ellen Degeneris skit where you see a soda pop that doesn't belong where it is, so you go to take it to the kitchen.  On the way you pick up something from off the floor and take it to the laundry bin.  Then you think, hum, I should reorganize the mud room (these shoes are a mess).  Well, since I am reorganizing the mud room, maybe I should throw out what we don't need.  You find a book and go to put it in the bookshelf.  Three hours later you pass the soda can which is now in a different wrong spot.  And you start the cycle all over again.  
Ok, so off I go to create a swap, or should I do my RAKS, or maybe I should clean my art room. Hum, I think I will have breakfast first.  Gosh, I hope I remember everything I have to do.