Saturday, December 12, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
- Flip piece is 2" X 7 1/2". Score at 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", and 3".
- Cut squares (3) 1 1/2 X 1 1/2" and (3) 2 X 2" and (1) 3 X 1 7/8"
- Cut a strip of paper to attach the flip portion to card 4 X 3/4"
- Take the 2 X 7 1/2 scored piece and fold on the last score at 3". All scores should be visible on top.
- Take the 4 X 3/4 and adhere the short edge of the folded piece 2 X 7 1/2 piece to it, centering on the smaller piece to form a T.
- Stamp your images on the 2 x 2 squares and mat on the 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 squares
- Stamp the verse on the 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 squares with the end line being stamped on the 1 7/8 X 3 piece
- Fold the 7 1/2 X 2 piece on the scored lines. Take the matted squares and adhere in order on the 1/2" scored sections
- Adhere verses to the back of the matted squares
- Take the T piece and center it on the background cardstock and attach each side with mini brads, eyelets, or strong tape. Mat background on to cardstock and to open card pull the flap and card will open in a flowing motion.
- My blessings this year include: My darling husband for without him, I wouldn't know where I would be, my great friends who support me and provide me with good advice in addition to loving me the way I am, for a supportive family who puts up with my many moods, for my brother who Always says I Love you before he gets off the phone with me, for a fabulous sister in law to be and my existing in-laws, for having a great job, for my niece and nephews who always put a smile on my face, for having a home and food, for having great doctors and I am sure many more things.
- You are more blessed than you think.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Have you noticed that the English language has slowly been deteriorating? We have had slang for a while. We are using letters for words...BF. Or is it BFF?. Obviously I am not with it or cool or is it some other word that is in style now. We say words or phrases that really don't add much, just to start or end a sentence. Well, I thought it was interesting that ABC News Nightline had a feature on the words and phrases that annoy Americans the most. Here is what they found.
A recent poll by Marist College ranked the most annoying expressions to Americans.
The fifth most annoying is "At the end of the day."
Number four is "Anyway."
In third place, "It is what it is."
In second, "You know."
And the winner of the most annoying expression among Americans: "Whatever."
Personally, I think there are at least two phrases that should be added.
"Do you know what I mean?" and "Needless to say."
I know I am guilty of the "whatever", "anyway", and "it is what it is." The funny part is that the "It is what it is" bothers me the most when other people say it. Then I catch myself saying the same thing. It's contagious. "You know what I mean?" "Anyway, whatever." (Big sigh)
What expressions do you find annoying?
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
I’m currently raising funds as a member of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team in Training.Our Mission: To help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. Why I Care: I’m fundraising (and training) in honor of my brother in law, Ed Madell.Why All of Us Should Care: What we don’t know CAN hurt us. Every 4 minutes, a person is diagnosed with a blood cancer. It can happen to you or a loved one at any time.Why take action now? A small donation now makes a big difference later. How to Donate: You can donate online in less than 5 minutes and it's secure! Simply go to my fundraising page at http://pages.teamintraining.org/il/StPeteHf09/u00lcs8 and make your donation. The good news is your donation may be tax deductible (consult with your tax accountant), and you will feel great about giving. All donations go directly to LLS.
Consider sponsoring me for:$ 1.00 per mile (13.10) or$ 25.00 orfor $40.00 you can buy a beautiful silver lining necklace from jesslc. This makes a great birthday gift, bridesmaids gift, holiday gift. A portion of the proceeds will go directly to LLS. Please use code http://pages.teamintraining.org/il/StPeteHf09/u00lcs8 when purchasing from jesslc. http://jesslc.com/SC03.htm orif possible $150.00 for a chance to win a $200.00 spa gift certificateMore Good News: For every $25 you donate, your name will automatically be entered in a raffle to win a new and engraved iPod Shuffle with VoiceOver.
Double Your Chances of Winning: Donate $50 and your name will be entered twice in the raffle. Donate $100 and your name will be entered four times! Raffle drawing takes place September 19th. Prizes will vary. Winners will be notified within one week of drawing. Please be sure to include contact info when donating. If you prefer to donate offline, please contact me via e-mail.When to donate: Now. Donations need to be in by September 30th for recommitment date. Donations need to be in earlier if you are participating in the drawings.Thanks for your support! I greatly appreciate your generosity. Check out my website (attached) periodically for updates and pictures. http://pages.teamintraining.org/il/StPeteHf09/u00lcs8