Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Traditions

With Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, and other holidays around the corner, I think we should create new traditions with our families, spouse, or significant others. You may already have some and if so, that's great. But for those of you (including me) who do not have one, take a little time to think about some of the things you want to do during the holiday season or year-round.
My list is rather long but I will try to accomplish these:
See the holiday windows at Marshall Field's (oh yeah, Macy's (blahhhhhh - can you tell I still don't like that takeover?), lunch in the Walnut Room, a Christmas play, holiday lights, craft shows, holiday movie with my nephews and niece, Christmas Around the World in one of our great museums, donating gently used coats, adopting a child for Christmas (gift giving to complete stranger), distributing donations of Christmas gifts from employees at my company to under-priviledge children at their school. I can think of so much more, but for now, I am focused on these.
What is on your list or your tradition (new or old)?